Andrew Stephen Denbow, aka “Thundercat,” died in a tragic dirt-bike accident on February 3, 2018, at the age of 23, just three months shy of graduation. He was a treasured member of the Lee College of Engineering, and was looking forward to earning his BS in Mechanical Engineering degree with a concentration in Motorsports. In Andrew’s memory, Marie and Gary Roberson have established a $25,000 endowment to support the UNC Charlotte Motorsports programs that meant so much to Andrew. The donors’ sincere wish is that Andrew will be remembered fondly by future motorsports engineers, and that the name “Andrew ‘Thundercat’ Denbow” will live on as part of UNC Charlotte motorsport design competitions.
People wanting to make additional contributions to the “Andrew ‘Thundercat’ Denbow Motorsports Fund can go to this web page, then:
- Scroll down on the "Area of Interest" page to the search box and type "other,"
- "Search Results" will pop up, select the "other" box, select "credit card" on right,
- On "Gift Amount and Designations" enter “Andrew “Thundercat” Denbow Motorsports Fund”,
- Fill out donor and contact information boxes,
- Scroll down and select "Additional Gift Instructions" by clicking on the "+"
- Enter name of scholarship “Andrew “Thundercat” Denbow Motorsports Fund”, then ”save and continue",
- Proceed through the rest of the donation process as prompted.
If you have questions about contributing to or establishing in-memoraim grants, please contact Tom Turpin, Director of Development for The William States Lee College of Engineering at 704-687-1145 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.