Introduction to Engineering (ENGR 1201) and Introduction to Engineering Technology (ETGR 1201)
Whether you're working on a degree in engineering or in engineering technology, you must first complete "1201." While you may think this course is all about calculations, drawings, and research, you'll learn that these fields deal with people, places, things, and so much more! This semester you will:
- Explore the various disciplines within the fields of engineering and engineering technology.
- Learn what it really means to be a "professional".
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving and design skills by building your solutions and testing them against specifications - to see if they work like they should!
- Use the power and synergy of teams to accomplish challenging goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicate your thoughts and sell your ideas to others - both in writing and orally.
- Develop strategies for personal, academic, and professional growth and success.
Your instructors and teaching assistants (TAs) are experienced and excited about helping you succeed! They are dedicated to helping you but you must do your part by actively participating in class, asking questions, visiting us, and letting us know when you need help. 1201 is an exciting start to your academic and professional career. We look forward to getting to know you and helping you reach your goals!
Students currently enrolled in ENGR 1201 or ETGR 1201, can access the course content by logging into Moodle.