College of Engineering

The overall history of The William States Lee College of Engineering began with the establishment of Charlotte College in 1946. The growth of the engineering program parralleled that of its parent institution, which went on to become the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. This history of the Lee College of Engineering is organized into the following chapters:

Chapter 1:  Beginning 1946-1965

Chapter 2:  Founding 1965-1977

Chapter 3:  Establishing 1977-1982

Chapter 4:  Advancing 1982-1998

Chapter 5:  Expanding 1998-2015